Practical tasks that Benni works on include business coordination and management, backend development, server setup + maintenance, and plenty of coding.
Benni uses some key terms when he thinks about his leadership role at the agency and helping clients:
- “Taking the hits” - Frontline coordination of clients and client projects
- “Think” - find the best ideas on how to solve technical issues
- “Listen, Translate” - Turning client needs and requests into useful development tasks
- “Dig deep” - Analyzing hard-to-fix issues, looking for their source and solutions
- “Engage, Encourage, Unblock” - Finding the right, constructive next steps for any and all development- or ‘human’ issues that arise in the course of our activities
Tools Benni can’t live without:
Though b13 co-founder and TYPO3 CMS Core Development Lead, Benni Mack, is something of an unstructured genius, he gives us the structure we need to succeed in many areas. He’s part of coordinating the business side of our agency and winning new clients. He handles setup and maintenance of our technical infrastructure. And though he’s one of our key resources when we’re solving new problems for clients, he uses a classic “salami tactic” when he can get away with it: Any problem you bring to him, he slices into even finer pieces and gives it back to you. Watch out for leaving with more questions than you came with! Little-known facts about Benni: he was a German national semi-finalist in Olympic Greco-Roman-style wrestling and he can’t swim.
- Ansible, Apple, Blackfire, Cloudflare, database, PHP, PSRs, SQL
- TYPO3, v10, core, custom, extensions, workspaces
- Caching, CDN, CI-deployment, regular expressions, web servers
- Contribution, community, enablement, sharing knowledge
- Delivering value, exceptional experiences, international, multilingual, partnership
- Family, listening, learning, sharing, teamwork, trust
Benni and TYPO3
Benni on working at b13
Benni’s Dos and Don’ts
- Always understand, build things to last, and maximize your efficiency
- Always ask for the reason and the need before doing something (“understand”)
- Always find a clean, future-proof solution that keeps you out of trouble in the future (“build things to last”)
- Always automate (“be efficient, don’t do the same thing three times”)
- Always be optimistic and see the benefits of bad situations, look for the silver lining
- Always look for a long-term solution or strategy
- Never give up!
- Never blame others!
- Never waste your time!
Latest articles by Benni Mack
Today’s world is global, and content distribution networks (CDNs) bring content closer to users around the world for lightning-fast performance wherever they are. TYPO3 is ideally adapted to modern CDN technology, reducing the load on your server, and even taking caching off your to-do list!