server configuration and maintenance
Tools Johannes can’t live without:
- a browser
Backend developer and master of “server stuff,” Johannes somehow manages to avoid technical overcomplication and, at the same time, think of all the edge-cases that would otherwise trip us up. He’s another b13 musician with deep roots and a huge circle of friends in Stuttgart. Johannes’s love of learning and creative problem-solving abilities make him a valued colleague, his silly sense of fun makes us giggle more often than we want to admit.
- TYPO3, v10, core, extensions, contribution
- Web servers (Caddy, certificates), Ansible, DB/SQL, RegEx, RSS feeds
- PHP, Linux, Blackfire
- Asking why, understanding, international
- Quality, security, performance, custom work
- High fives, Pokemon Go
Johannes and TYPO3
It’s the best of both worlds: I don’t ‘t have to start every project from scratch, and I can also change anything about it that needs to be unique for a given client and their business case.
Johannes on working at b13
Johannes’ Dos and Don’ts
- Always check for bugs.
- Always have a plan.
- Always write quality code, then test your code to be sure.
- Never overcomplicate things, but always consider all the edge cases. (!)
- Never leave old, smelly code lying around in your application.